Wednesday, January 4, 2012

So at this rate my next post will be about our new little baby boy! ..no hopefully I will squeeze a post or two in before then - but no promises. He is coming the end of February and we are beyond excited. We love him so much already.

Okay so now to Christmas. Chris and I were so lucky to be able to spend Christmas in Utah with family! I was there for two weeks and believe it or not Chris was there for one whole week! It was the best! I have included many pictures in attempt to summarize our vacation and let me just apologize right up front for the picture overload - I figure pictures are more fun than words anyways, right? Oh and one more thing, these pictures are not in chronological order, just in case anyone was curious.

So we spend the majority of the break with family, which was incredible and exactly what we love.
We did manage to see a few friends, including our good friends Martin and Bree. Bree is pregnant as well, due early February and having a little girl. It was so much fun to chat and catch up with them. I also was able to go to lunch with my old co-workers, which was great. I miss them! We also were able to catch up with our good friends Ben and Gwendolyn and their sweet boy Henry (who is getting so big by the way) - however I unfortunately don't have a picture of us.
And I got to spent some time with Jessa (also no picture)


We were able to visit Collin's grave. We miss our boy so much. I'm excited to bring his little brother with us next time. I don't want anyone to ever think that he is being replaced - he is so precious to us and a very important part of our family. We love you, Collin.


We spent quality time with both of our families (a huge benefit of having both families live in Utah)
Chris's mom threw me an incredible shower, where, I of course was spoiled.

She also put together a fun chocolate dipping girls night party. A tradition that is always a huge hit. She is incredible at throwing parties!


We had a bowling day with Chris's family. I'll blame my low scores on being pregnant

We also had a family dinner at the new Brick Oven in South Jordan - so delicious! And then went to a play afterwards.


With Chris's family we also went to breakfast at IHOP on Christmas eve, watched movies, visited, ate delicious food oh and Chris went skiing with his dad and brother, Steve. We love spending time with Chris's family!

We spent Christmas day (as well as the day before and after) with my family at my family's cabin in Bear Lake, which was beautiful and white!
Everyone went skiing/snowboarding, while I enjoyed hot chocolate and my new book in the lodge (which to be honest is probably what I prefer regardless of being pregnant - being cold just doesn't appeal to me)

My mom with three of her six daughters. She is beautiful and very often mistaken as a sister!

At the cabin we made gingerbread houses, went snowmobiling (don't worry I didn't go), watched movies, read books, and did the traditional Christmas eve nativity were Chris and I were lucky enough to be chosen as Mary and Joseph - this is a highly coveted position in my family and I think my pregnant belly did the trick for us : ) Devin, my little brother, was fortunate enough to be chosen as the donkey - luckily he's strong and I didn't break his back (I think it was pretty close though).





Me and my mom - see how easy it is to confuse her as a sister! I hope I can be somewhat close to as incredible of a mom that she is to me.

We really missed Erica and Coleman, they were with Coleman's family for Christmas, however we were so lucky to be able to see and hang out with them for a couple days following Christmas. Other things we did with my family: We went a MV basketball game to support Devin and Haley. We went to the movies. The boys went golfing and played an intense couple games of 3 on 3 basketball. And we had fun visited and laughing.

Me and Erica. She is a day over 32 weeks in this pic and I am a day under 29 weeks.


We had the best time in Utah and are so grateful for our incredible families.
We were so spoiled this Christmas and got some fun baby items from our parents. Stroller, Car Seat, and Crib.

Now less than two months and our baby boy will be joining our family!

1 comment:

  1. fun update :) love all the pictures and baby bellies! excited to see your baby boy!

    ReplyDelete