Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Still Pregnant

So here is the latest update on my pregnancy. I am sitting here still pregnant, which is great! The doctors took me off the contraction medication yesterday and were monitoring me to see if my contractions started to get painful or more frequent. If they did, then the plan was to go forward with the C-section this morning. I didn't receive my blood thinner medicine last night and I couldn't eat or drink after midnight, just in case. There were a couple hours yesterday where my contractions really started to pick up and the doctors started to prepare us mentally for the idea of a C-section in the morning. We even spoke with the NICU doctor about the challenges of a 34 week baby. However, things were better through the night and ultimately the doctors decided this morning to try and push our C-section date for another 2 weeks (Feb. 21). If my contractions really start to pick up or become painful then they will obviously do the C-section early. They have changed my monitoring to now just two or three times a day for an hour, it feels so nice to not be connected to cords all the time! My doctor said they are taking a risk by pushing the C-section out. They are keeping me here in the hospital until our boy is born so if something were to happen they could have our baby out in minutes. We are so grateful our little boy will have the chance to grow a little bit more before he is born! We are so blessed! Oh and I have an ultrasound in the morning, which I'm excited about.



34 Weeks!

4 comments:

  1. I know you probably barely remember me, we went to AFY together a billion years ago, but I love reading your updates and am so excited for you! I hope that you guys can hold off on the C-section a little longer! Prayers headed your way! Briana

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're such a cute pregnant woman! That's great that he can stay in for a little longer!! Great news!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! I hope that he will wait as long as possible so he can be super healthy and ready to go home with you guys. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is such great news!! i hope everything goes smoothly for the next 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete