Monday, September 6, 2010

Collin's graveside service


On Saturday August 28, we held a graveside service for Collin. Planning a service like this is something we never ever imagined we would be required to do as a young married couple. Before the service actually began, Chris and I, along with our parents went to the mortuary where Collin was. I was able to wrap Collin in a blanket and place a picture of our little family, Chris, me and Collin, in his casket with him. At the service we had incredible support from our family and friends, for which I am so grateful. Both of Collin's grandpa's spoke at the service and there were two musical numbers by some of Collin's aunts and uncles. Overall it was a very touching and beautiful ceremony.


I wanted to include some more pictures of our sweet little boy. I miss Collin so much. He is always on my mind. I know he is where he is suppose to be. But I just wish he could have stayed with me.




6 comments:

  1. We heard this was an incredible service. We're sorry we weren't able to be there, but you are in our prayers. Thanks for the testimony strengthening stories that have been shared. We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry we missed Collins service. He is always on our mind also and the girls still sing him primary songs everynight when they go to bed. I love the pictures of Collin. Thank you for sharing your baby with us! Stay Strong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris and Robyn - I can't imagine the trials you've had to endure the past few weeks, but our prayers continue to be with your family, especially your Mom, Chris. Have you thought that maybe your grandmother went to take care of Collin? Perhaps there is some peace in thinking that. Give yourselves time to grieve and to remember the special moments you had with little Collin. You'll have them again. D & C 100:1 Love, Becky & Brian Anderson

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing, the pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The spirit was SO strong through the whole thing! I could feel Collin there giving you and Chris love and comfort. I'm glad we could be a part of it with you guys. And you're amazing that you got up to say a few words...I would not be strong enough to handle that. And I truly meant what I said...you are 100 times more beautiful than you already were, inside and out! LOVE you!

    ReplyDelete