Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Weekend Getaway

This past weekend was so much fun! We weren't celebrating anything in particular but we certaintly had a wonderful time. We got all dressed up and went to SLC on Friday night for a romatic dinner at The Roof. The food was incredible and the view definitely breath taking. I can't think of a more beautiful view than the SL temple lit up at night. I couldn't help but just be so grateful that Chris and I are sealed to each and to Collin for time and all eternity. What an amazing blessing! *P.s we weren't sealed in SL we were actually sealed in Melbourne, Australia...anyways.
After the Roof we stayed overnight at the Marriott downtown. I definitely reccommend it - staying at a hotel even when you live 45 minutes away - because it was SO much fun and felt like a special occasion. The next morning we drove to Park City for some shopping! I'm the first to admit that shopping is not my favorite activity but I loved being with Chris and picking out some clothes. Although after a couple hours of changing clothes we both got a little tired.
One story really quick. I was looking for a skirt in Park City and let me tell you of all the stores in Park City (and if you haven't been let me just say there are TONS of them) I could not find one skirt I liked. I looked everywhere and probably tired on at least 30 of them. Anyways we went home unsucessful in the skirt arena. Then on Monday when I went to my car durning my lunch break on the front seat were flowers and a bag of skirts Chris had bought for me! He did such an amazing job picking them out. He is so good to me!







Thank you for the weekend babe! I love you!

6 comments:

  1. robynn you and your husband are so cute. i miss ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I just discovered you have a blog (because of your facebook status). Now I can stalk your cute blog. Hope you're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sweet! glad you guys could get away, everyone needs that once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a good husband. Sounds like a nice get away. You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Robby and Chris! I just discovered the link to your blog and I've read many of your older posts. You two are a great team and I'm so proud of you both. You show such maturity, faith and courage. I know you miss your little son and I hope you feel comfort and peace knowing that he is yours forever and ever. Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops. That should have been ROBYN not Robby.

    ReplyDelete