Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving

For Thanksgiving this year Chris and I went with my family to our cabin at Bear Lake.
A few highlights include:

- Snowmobiling. We even saw a Moose and it's family probably 50 feet from our trail! I tipped the snowmobile twice but was able to jumped off instead of getting squashed both times. I felt vindicated when Chris tipped his snowmobile just seconds after me in the exact same spot.

- Convincing Chris to go jogging with me on Thanksgiving morning in 0 degree weather. We didn't last too long...
- And of course eating a wonderful Thanksgiving meal.
We also
- Went swimming at the Indoor swimming pool
- Made 'gingerbread' houses
- Made honey candy with grandma
- Watched lots of football
- Read books (Robyn)
- Did homework (Chris)
- And went to the traditional Bear Trapper Steakhouse as an early celebration of Kelsi's 10th birthday.
After Bear Lake we went to South Jordan to spend some time with Chris's family. We had a great time watching the BYU vs. Utah game. It is disappointing that BYU lost but Chris remains positive because he felt like they played a great game and let's be honest the fumble at the end was clearly miscalled. After the football game we played games as a family and ate some delicious PIE pizza. yummm

I know this post is already way too long and surely you are already sick of reading it..but solely for my benefit I wanted to end this post with a few things I am grateful for.

- My husband. He is so perfect for me. He works hard in everything that he does. He can make me laugh and he always knows the right things to say when I need comfort. He truly is my best friend and I am so happy that he is mine for eternity.
- Collin. I love my baby boy. Even though it is hard not having him here with me I am grateful that he is my son.
- My family and Chris's family. Both of us are so incredibly blessed to have such amazing families who love and support us.
- The gospel. I am so grateful to know that I will be with Collin again. I am grateful to know that I have a Father in Heaven who is very mindful of me and who loves me. I am grateful that Chris and I were sealed in the Australia Melbourne Temple and that Collin, Chris and I are an eternal family.
- My job.
- Chris's job (starting in July)
- My education
- Warm showers, warm blankets and warm clothes
- Eggs and toast. My all time favorite breakfast at the time being.
- My health. I am so grateful that I am able to train for this marathon in April. And especially grateful that I have a wonderful training buddy
- Chocolate. Because let's be honest I always love chocolate.

And the list could go on and on. I truly am so blessed!

1 comment: