Wednesday, December 8, 2010

December 5th


December 5th was my originial due date. Even since I found out I was pregnant I was so looking forward to December 5th! I was counting down the days. Laying in bed each night just dreaming about what it would be like to have my little baby at home with me. I never thought I would be visiting Collin's grave on December 5th. I had been praying that I would feel comforted particularly on that day. I was worried that I wouldn't even be able to function. The day went much better than I had anticipated. I think Collin was comforting me that day. Of course I was sad. But I also felt so grateful to know that he is mine for eternity. I am so grateful he is sealed to me and Chris. I am so grateful he is my son. I love you Collin.


Chris built a little snowman for Collin. His hands froze but he didn't stop. It was cute to watch him as he talked to Collin telling him they were building their first snowman together. Chris is such a great dad and he loves Collin so much.
My family came to visit Collin also. It was incredibly foggy outside so for some reason the camera wouldn't take a clear picture. They brought the red Christmas flowers and the little stuffed aminal. They love and miss Collin. He is their first newphew and first grandson.








7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robyn- thought you might appreciate this blog:
    http://patrickandashley.blogspot.com
    It's the blog of a local mom whose toddler passed away this summer, start around June 10th.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love you Robyn. What an inspiration you and Chris are!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The snowman is very sweet, I'm so glad that day went ok. I love when I feel Naimah close, I'm glad you have that blessing too.
    Still thinking of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've been thinking of you a lot lately and pray for you often. A few nights ago I came across this poem and thought I would share it with you.
    'Yours and Mine'
    The Lord looked down to the earth one fay and saw a couple there.
    He said "Now those two people make a lovely pair.
    I have some spirits here with me that need a home on earth.
    I think that I shall bless these folk with a precious spirits birth.

    This baby though is just a loan, theses are the terms my dears;
    He may live there just sixty days or he may live sixty years.
    I hope you'll treat my spirit kindly while he's down on earth with you.
    For when he comes back here to me, he has a special job to do.

    He'll bring you joy and heartache, he'll cause much strife and care.
    And he'll bring into your lives my dears love that you can share.
    But remember he's my spirit and he's just been loaned down there.
    He has a job to do up here so help him to prepare.

    And now I've called my spirit back, the job you did was fine.
    The spirit that belonged to me is now both yours and mine.
    I knew that when I called him back it would cause you bitter tears,
    But you're share in his glory and the profit of his years.

    I want you both to know, I'm glad I loaned that spirit to you two down below.

    We love you Robyn! and Chris too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad your day went good. My heart ached for you all day and especially while we were with you guys. I love you both so much! You are both amazing but especially you Robyn. You guys a permanent part of our prayers. I'm so happy you felt comfort from Collin. LOVE you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My thought have been with you a lot lately. I am glad you are feeling the comfort you need and hope that you can feel little Collin comforting you through the next week. I love you and hope you have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete