Tuesday, August 21, 2012

6 Months

Mr. Ethan is 6 months old today. 6 months! Its seems like just yesterday we brought him home from the hospital! His 6 month check up was yesterday. He did awesome. He was tougher than his mom during the shots, only whimpering for a few seconds.

His 6 month stats:
Head circumference: 44 centimeters (69 percentile)
Height: 27 inches (66.2 percentile)
Weight: 16 pounds 15 ounces (40.25 percentile)

A few things about Ethan:
- Already has his two bottom teeth (they popped through a couple of weeks ago)
- Sitting up really well - although I like to sit behind him because he still topples sometimes
- Awesome at rolling from his back to his stomach, but struggles to roll from his stomach to back (he can do it - just not as easily)
- Sleeps best on his stomach - just like his dad.
- Naps for 30 to 45 minutes tops, unless I'm holding him then he'll go for an hour or two.
- Goes to bed between 6:30 and 7:30 and then wakes up twice for feedings and is up in the morning around 7 - I think he sleeps great. His doctor wants me to cut out the midnight feeding...
- Starting to love solid food. Funny story, my mom and our friend Lyn came to visit and the first day they arrived I told my mom that he loves to eat the food I am eating but isn't a fan of his baby food. Well, grandma was full of magic tricks. Warm the baby food up and add rice cereal so it is thicker. It never occurred to me that babies liked their sweet potatoes warm. Thank goodness for grandma!
- Loves peek-a-boo / to be surprised
- Cutest laugh! *the video at the bottom is of him laughing with Chris - you have to watch - it's to die for. I'm not biased at all : )
- Adorable smile!
- Beautiful blue eyes
- Such a happy baby!

At his doctors appointment

Ethan with grandma.

I am still learning how to feed Ethan. Most of the time Ethan looks like this afterwards.

Sitting

He wakes up so happy. If you look closely you can see his two bottom teeth


We love our Ethan!

5 comments:

  1. I love all of these pictures, Robyn! He really is SUCH a cutie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is growing up sooo fast!! I love his giggling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the giggling and watching how fast they all grow up! Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is such a cute handsome happy little boy!! And I can see his teeth... they are such cute little teeth!

    ReplyDelete