Sunday, July 10, 2011

Fourth of July weekend and my birthday

So this is going to be a combo of two blog posts in one. So hopefully you won't be too bored by the end - keep reading so that you can hear all about my wonderful birthday : )

Fourth of July Weekend:

The weekend started out great with a double datenight with Steve and Larae. We went to Market Street Grill for dinner (super yummy sourdough bread!) and then to the Hale Center Theater in SL to see "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels." Chris gave me tickets to the Hale for Christmas and I have been so excited to use them ever since. Larae also got tickets to the Hale from our in-laws and so it made for the perfect double date! I loved the play -super funny and definitely one I would recommend.



Then the Saturday before the fourth we spent the day at Chris's parents in South Jordan. The girls got pedicures and then we had a delicious dutch oven dinner with Chris's mom's famous corn bread - yum!

That night we went to the Stadium of Fire with my family. Such a great show. Brad Paisley and David Archuleta, how could it not be. And the fireworks - wow! The little boy sitting behind us could not contain his excitment - it was super cute. After ever single firework he shouted "WOW! MOM THAT WAS AMAZING!!" The best was when he said "WOW! MOM THEY ARE IN SHAPES! LOOK MOM! A CIRCLE!!" So cute


I am proud to be an American! And so blessed!


The fourth of July weekend ended kind of sad because Chris left to New York for a month and a half for training with CitiGroup. Skype is becomming my best friend. And I am counting down the days until I get to visit him - 12 more! YAY! This summer isn't near as long as last summer so I am staying super positive so far.




My Birthday:



So my birthday was actually a couple of weeks ago (June 28 to be exact)- so this is a little outdated. It just took me a second to get around to posting.




I had the best birthday! The day started out great because I ate my favorite yogurt for breakfast (Honey Vanilla - From the Greek Gods) so delicious! And then when I got to work, my friends there had decorated my office. And then Chris surpised me at work an hour before I was suppose to go home with a blindfold and him saying that he was taking me someplace. I was hesitant for a second and told him wait I need to stay another hour - but he is a thinker and had already talked to my boss weeks ago to get the time off for me. Anyways he drove me up the canyon (blindfolded) and then surprised me with a brand new mountain bike! I was so excited because I have been wanting a bike for a while but honestly did not think he was getting me one for my birthday. In fact the week before my birthday while we were in Peru I mentioned to him that my birthday was coming up and he acted as if he had forgotten (even though he had my bike picked out for weeks). He is so good at surprises! Anyways we rode our bikes down the Provo canyon and met up with my family for dinner at Happy Sumo for Sushi! - my all time favorite food - yum




Then after that we went to my little sister's softball game and then when I walked into my parents house to grab my purse a bunch of our friends and Chris's family was there to shout surprise! Again, I was totally surprised! My frist surprise party and it was a blast. (Not everyone made it for the picture - so sorry if you came and are not shown)


Thank you babe for the amazing birthday, you are the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment